i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Thursday, December 10, 2009

When I grow up.

And so it begins. Finals.

I have had a relatively easy semester as far as papers and bookwork go. But as far as......well, everything else, it hasn't been an easy semester. Ok, ok. So my finals consist of swordfighting and singing. How hard could it be? Well, really hard.

I get really stressed out during finals. However, I don't think I get stressed out. In fact, I feel like I am relatively normal when it comes to worrying about finals and such. But I bet if you ask anybody who is really close to me, they'll tell you that I am a complete basket case. But I would like to point out that if I am relatively normal when it comes to stressing out during finals, but people think I am crazy, then imagine what those people are like who really DO stress out over finals: spending hours in the library studying, hardly eating, not talking to anybody, and not showering for days at a time. In comparison, I think I am doin' alright.

My friend Kate is supposed to have her baby. A week ago. But today is the day they will induce her. She was supposed to go in yesterday, but I haven't heard from her in two days, which means she doesn't want to talk about it, or she's holding a little baby in her arms right now, and texting me is the least of her worries. I hope she is doing alright though. She's had a tough last couple weeks, just wanting her little son to arrive. Bless her heart, she has endured so much with this little guy. But it will all be worth it, I know, and I can't wait to meet the new addition to her little family. I can't decide if I should try and figure out where she is and come visit, or just give her her space and let her talk to the rest of us when she is ready to share him with the world. Oh I love babies. I love friend's babies. I'm not baby hungry, because I know that my time will come, but I am extremely excited.

Motherhood has always excited me. Growing up, I didn't want that. I didn't want to be the home maker, I didn't want to cook meals, or make crafts, or decorate houses, or drive a mini-van. I wanted to be the dad in the relationship. I wanted to go camping, I wanted to take the kids and play sports with them, I wanted to make money, blah blah blah. But the older I get, and the closer I get to my Heavenly Father, the more I understand what he has in store for me, and the more I want those things. Believe it or not, I can cook. I'm actually a pretty good cook. I love to make crafts. I'm good at it. I don't always have the necessary time, but I know how and I enjoy creating things. I love playing with little kids. I love watching them grow. I mean, I work at the Disney Store for goodness sakes. If that's not as kid friendly as it gets, I don't know what is. I enjoy cleaning, and I enjoy having a clean house, in an apartment that smells good. I enjoy having people over, and making things for them. I love surprising people, especially people that I really love. In fact, its probably my favorite thing. If I wasn't so dang shy, I'm sure I would do a lot more and not be nervous what the other person would think. I really really like doing things for people. I mean, all these things I've had to pick up on my own. My mom and I never really cooked together. She's a great cook in fact. But my dad always made Sunday dinners, and during the week I was never home because of competition, or dance, or basketball, or rehearsal, or whatever you want to call it. And that's o.k. I do wish I had spent more time learning things from my mom because she is one smart lady. But, I'm on my own, and I am observing friends and picking things up right and left. One day, I will be all grown up.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly I love that you are blogging again! In our times apart, I feel like I am with you when reading your blog... that was so cheesy but just take it ok? well I thought that reading your blog would help me fill the hole but it hasn't so this means that I need to see you! so how about next Friday in celebration of the semester being over? let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.