Today has been so ironic. There really isn't another word to describe the day that I've had today.
All semester I have gone without getting a parking ticket. And to be honest, I am pretty dang proud of that fact. I had an 8-8:50 class in the morning on MWF, and so I would park in 30 minute parking and just go to class. It worked out great. I would get up at 7:50, get to class, and then come home and shower and get ready for the day until my next class at 12. ALL SEMESTER=not one parking ticket. Also, when I had errands to run between the end of my 12:00 class and my 3:00 class, I would park in 15 minute parking at the Richards Building and sit through my 12:00 class. ALL SEMESTER=not one parking ticket. Today, I had my final acting proficiency (yikes) and parked in the faculty parking lot for 45 minutes while I went to warm up and to my proficiency. TODAY=PARKING TICKET. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Ugh! And it's not even a school day, it's a READING DAY!
Its just funny how things work out sometimes. I felt so confident about something today, and it didn't work out like I thought it would. The other day, I was so insecure about something, and it actually worked out (it didn't go the way I thought it would, but I'm happy about the way it did go). How does that happen? How can you have such strong feelings about something, and then opposite result happens?
My proficiency went.....well? I don't know. I like to go first, and get it over with so I can focus on other things over the weekend. I usually sign up during the first hour of the first of the two days. Some people are really into this suspicious voo-doo of "you don't want to be first, but you don't want to go right before the judges go on a break, because then they will be cranky. But don't go in the afternoon because then they will be tired from watching actors all day". Blah blah blah blah blah. Yeah, I'm sure there are better times than others, and everybody wants the judges to be in a good mood when they see you, and to laugh at your comedic monologue, and all of that jazz. But the way I see it, is that if you're a good actor, you are a good actor, and your work will show through. So what if they don't laugh. Its 9 in the morning, I wouldn't be laughing either..... I was pretty proud of myself though: at the end of my dramatic piece, I scared one of the judges. She jumped in her seat. I think that's a good sign? *shrugs* whatever.
My roomate is eating something chocolaty and peanut buttery. Yes please.
That reminds me--I sure wish I had some Reeses Peanut Butter Puff cereal. Yes please.
Hmph.
I want to hang out with people right now. Why not? It's a friday. I think I'll do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Just....write it.