Nope.
About an hour later, I woke up again to my phone ringing. It was the leader of the Indexing committee that I am on for my calling. Did I answer it?
Absolutely not.
When I have my mind set to sleeping in, by George, I am sleeping in. Even if my dad left me the sweetest message about hoping I could come home today and how he stopped by my work yesterday to see if I was working, and just making sure I was alive and healthy, I was not about to pick up that phone. I love my dad. I love sleeping just as much. Besides, I always feel funny talking on the phone when I first wake up: there is no hiding the fact that I was sleeping not 10 seconds before. I sound like a man. * shrugs* But, when I did decide to grace the world with my presence, this was what I woke up to.Was I happy about it?
Absolutely not. I've grown up in Utah, and snow is no stranger to me. I grew up playing in snow, eating it, skiing on it, sledding, ice cream, everything. But the problem is that I don't like being cold. I feel so conflicted when it comes to snow. I think it is beautiful, and there is nothing better than snow on Christmas day. But I was talking to Cam, and he said something that I absolutely agree with. Snow is wonderful in December. And that's the only time it should be allowed. January, February, and March are just excuses to be cold, and I strongly DISLIKE it. Church was wonderful today. Testimony meeting was one of the best I had been to in a long time, and for the first time I bore my
testimony and didn't want to throw up. It was actually a great experience. I also was able to get some tickets to the Christmas Devotional in the Conference Center up in Salt Lake City. My roommate Chelsie and I and a few other people in the ward drove up. It was cold, and I was bitter, but I love Christmas and the lights. I didn't get a chance to look at the lights up on Temple Square, but I really really hope to soon. It's probably my favorite thing of this time of year. I can't wait. For some reason it is just so exciting to me to walk around temple square, talking, anything. Hmmm...perhaps that is the ONLY time I don't mind being cold. Yes. Yes that's right.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Just....write it.