i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Thursday, December 24, 2009

HELLo eyeballs...

I have eyeballs from hell. Literally. FROM. HELL. Two summers ago I started having some eye problems. They would burn, then water, then burn, and then I'd get queezy and dizzy, etc. I couldn't look into the light, I would start crying on stage....it was a pretty awful experience. So, the Merrills, (owners of the Playmill, the theater I was at) gave me 3 days off to go to Utah and see some specialists about my eyes. It was nice to have a break from the hard work of the summer, but spending it at doctor's offices was kind of lame. Needless to say, I have 4 cataracts in my left eye. The Doctor said they were small enough that there is a good possibility that they would go away. I got a different brand of contacts (a brand that would give more oxygen to my eyeballs) and was sent on my way. Truth be told, I haven't really had a problem with my eyes since then.

Until yesterday.

Lucienne, my Asian, slept over at my apartment a few nights ago. When we woke up yesterday around 10, I couldn't open my eyes. I mean, I could open them, but they burned and hurt too much to open them, so I chose not to. Lucienne went home, and I stayed in bed with a pillow over my face until 2 in the afternoon. Pretty pathetic, I know. I couldn't look into light. I was getting queezy again, I couldn't see anything, and don't really know why. Driving my car is a nightmare, because I am basically doing it with my eyes closed. As thrilling as it is, I wish it would just go away. So here I am in my apartment, BY MYSELF, with all the lights off, blogging about my miserable experience.

At work last night, I was helping a guest and started crying. I mean, KELLY wasn't crying, but my eyes were. The lady was like "um....are you stressed out? It's ok, you can just keep the change..." It was nice of her to be so concerned, but I did feel a little sheepish and tried to laugh it off. But crying and laughing at the same time doesn't always work the way you would want it to....

So, in short, I would like to write a letter to my eyeballs.

Dear Eyeballs:

I am so thankful for the hard work you do, allowing me to enjoy beautiful colors and sights and experience life the way I have been able to. I know there are some people who don't have the blessing of eyesight, and I am grateful I am not one of them. HOWEVER, this "burning-so-bad-I-can't-get-out-of-bed" thing, and the "I-think-I-will-start-crying-now-because-it-seems-like-an-opportune-moment" thing NEEDS. TO. STOP. If it doesn't, there will be serious consequences.

With love,
Kelly's Brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.