i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Sheeeee's baaaaaaack!

What's uuuuuuuup! It's been a minute, eh? I actually tried to start a different blog when I first got married to document all the things surrounding my new life as a married lady. But...that obviously never took off, and I don't have the time or patience now to create a brand new blog. I've been having a fairly strong nagging feeling to start blogging again--just for my own sake. I need a way to keep track of the mundane and exciting things in my family's lives, but I don't know a single soul that has the time to sit down and write in a journal anymore. So here we are--my public journal, that the 3 of you who still follow this will see occasionally. Do people even blog anymore? Are mommy-bloggers still PC? Because I'm a mommy now....and here's my blog. Let me know what my new title is, if you know. Let me play catch up real-quick. I've got two little girls under 19 months of age. Pregnancy super sucks, and I can't remember a time that I was more exhausted and spread so thin. I'm getting released from my calling as the Relief Society President after 2.5 years ( all while having two babies and living through a world-wide pandemic), and I'm thrilled at the idea of having more peaceful Sundays. Though, I doubt that will be the case. My husband wrote a book, and we are in the middle of a pretty rigorous pre-launch campaign, which has influenced our decision and vow to never, ever write another book. People sometimes ask for advice on writing a book, and my response is always "Don't." My husband is a professional speaker, and I'm a professional supporter of him and a full time mom. I changed 5 poopy diapers today, 3 of them being from a full grown toddler. If you know, you know. Since having my second baby, my house is in constant chaos, and I haven't quite figured out how to manage a home under these new circumstances. My well intentioned husband once told/asked me if I just "picked up as I went along, then maybe house would stay cleaner." I see his point, but I also wanted to throat-punch him. I have a small tazmanian devil who lives with me, messing up every spot that I clean. Tis only a season, I'm told. Everybody always tells you to "rest when the baby rests, the house and chores can wait." Turns out, that advice is a lot harder to implement than you'd think. But anyway, I act in the evenings, and will be performing in Guys and Dolls this summer at the Hale in Sandy, and I can't wait. It will be nice to have some "me" time again. Other than that....nothing much is new. I wish I had a cute family photo to post here, but...I don't, really. Not a professoinal/studio photo. My goal is to get professional photos taken this year of my family, and I hope I'm able to follow through. We'll see. Anyway, I'm not that great of a writer, and I'm super rusty from not writing very much over the last few years, so my next few posts will probably be pretty shabby. But I'm excited to keep writing and documenting, but I know I will value these musings years from now. Love and blessings to you all. I'm gonna go eat a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.