i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'll let you read my story if you let me read yours

People's eyes can tell a lot about them. Not the color, not the size of the pupil, not the veins, but the eye as a whole. If we know a person, or know how to look at people, I believe that we can use their eyes to see how they are feeling, regardless of what they are saying.

Its hard, but its doable.

How many times do I look into people's eyes? I used to avoid eye contact. I don't want people "staring into my soul", I didn't want my eyes to show anything. As Kyle makes me say, "I'm Kelly Hennessey, damnit!" Hear me roar! But, if I'm not roaring inside, whats the use of pretending like I am? This goes back to my previous posts about being vulnerable, and this is the conclusion that I've come to: the more vulnerable I allow myself to be, the closer I can get to other people. Friends, family, relationships, they all fall under that rule. If I let my eyes tell the story that is inside of me, I think that I will be able to learn to read other people's stories.

I can't help but laugh a little as I skim what I just wrote. Is this really coming out of my mouth? It sounds like an awful script for a movie. I guess the reason why I'm thinking about this is I paid attention to people's eyes today. It was sort of on accident, but I just happened to notice them. And I learned a lot. I saw people I see all the time, I saw people that I never see, and....I'm learning to read stories. Maybe paying attention to eyes is just as important as everything else.

Don't freak out. I'm terrible at it. But maybe there really is something there when they say "Eyes are the doorway to our souls".

On a completely unrelated note, I drank a Dr. Pepper today. I've cut caffiene out of my diet because I think it stresses me out a little bit, but today....today was a good day for some DP. Mmmm. And it wasn't even diet. Suck on that, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.