i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's raining, it's POURING....

Ever heard the phrase "when it rains, it pours?" Yeah, I heard it for the first time a couple days ago. And NOW I know what it means.

With that said, what a crappy day for good weather. I am so disappointed in the weather. It. Is. Time. For. Spring. For every season there is a time, and RIGHT NOW its SPRINGTIME! So why is nature tricking me into thinking I can wear spring-clothes only to throw me under the bus with a snowstorm?

I don't mind the snow. In fact, I grew up as an agressive little skiier. I remember jumping off of Bishop's Bowl at Sundance, and just zooming straight down. I don't know where that reckless side of me came from, but I believe I may have out grown it just a titch. My family and I would always ski at Sundance. It was the perfect size resort for our little family. My older brother Sean did ski racing and was a ski instructor for a while, and we all just loved it. I stopped skiing in about 7th grade when I got seriously into basketball, and it just kind of trickled out of our family after that. Man, so many good memories on the slopes. I was always so proud of myself for being so brave and not being scared of the black diamonds when my mom would be up the hill, tumbling past me, yelling "shit shit shit shit shit shit shit!" Bahahaha. I was so shocked. I asked what she had said when I reached her at the bottom, and she said "Nothing! Sugar sugar sugar! Don't twist the words in my mouth. Just go ski down the hill!" Bahahah. Too funny.

Anyway, I do enjoy winter sports. Any sports for that matter. But I don't like being cold, and so it is time for the sun to come out and for me to spend some time in the sun! The last two summers I've been away performing, and the sun wasn't something we got to see much. We were always in a dark theater, and weren't really allowed to get tan or burned for the sake of the shows. TWO SUMMERS I did that! I loved it, but I'm ready for a summer of fun and "normal things" I suppose. I don't really know what that entails because "normal" seems like such a foreign concept to me but....*shrugs*

I don't have much to say. I should be reading some articles on homosexuality and the Church and Prop 8 for my Ethics class, but I'm not in the mood. I love reading stuff like that, and so I need to read it when I'm sure to be in the mood to really think about things and evaluate what I'm learning compared to what I already know and believe. So, at some point tonight, I'll do that. Probably during the show. . . . . Nah.

Here. Just to spice things up a bit: this is a picture that makes me laugh. Yes, Julie, I stole it from your blog, but I submit that I probably laughed just as hard as you did, which gives me the right to post it. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.