Girl: "Hi, can I help you find something?"
Me: "No, I am just wasting time, thanks though"
Girl: "Well, are you looking for anything in particular?"
Me: "Nope, just....wasting time...."
Girl: "Oh! Until when?"
Me: "....."
Girl: "What are you wasting time until, what are you doing when your time is over?"
My brain: "What the *swear-word* is this girl talking about?"
Me: "I just am looking around, because...I have time....to waste"
Girl: "oh...you aren't wasting it until you do something later?"
Me: ".....nope"
Girl: "Oh. . . . . well, buy something for yourself! You look like you could use some good pampering!"
Me: "Alrighty then, see ya..."
Is that awkward? That's awkward, right? Maybe I was just caught off guard, and didn't have anything to say, like "well, I have a very tight schedule and once I leave here I am going to see a movie with some really attractive people." No. Instead, I had endless amounts of time to waste, and for some reason, the Bath and Body Works Girl felt it necessary to delve into my life. Maybe she was just being thoughtful....No. Still awkward.
With that said, I did buy some $98.00 pants for 5 bucks. Yes, I know: brilliant.
Today was a great day. Its the only night during the week that I don't have to do the show (even though I LOVE it). So, I took advantage of my time off, and was very productive. I made some Oreo truffles, which turned out A-MMMM-Azing, if I do say so myself. While those were chilling in the fridge, I threw down an A-MMMMM-Azing Chicken Casserole...with enough to last me all week. I even put them in little containers so I could grab and go on my way to the theater after my classes. I know, RIGHT?! I'm so on top of things! While doing all this, I wore my very sassy apron that I got for Christmas from my Asian. My friend Maddie was supposed to come over, but got caught up babysitting, so we rescheduled for next week sometime. I went to the hot-tub in our complex, met a very nice guy named Nate (though I think my rooommate scared him away because she could NOT stop talking about her fiance'....I guess that's what love does.) and then I did my stretching and am well on my way to full flexibility again.
What an ideal day. I mean, I went to work, I went to school, I made great food, I did a lot of things to better myself, and I am feeling tired, which is great because its not even midnight yet.
I've been having some serious trouble sleeping latelye (a.k.a. since January!) and so I am hoping tonight will be the "start of something new" (shout out to HSM)
I guess the day didn't start off that great, because I woke up, AGAIN, with the heater cranked above 80. I. WILL. DIE. IN. MY. SLEEP. IF. ITS. THAT. HOT. I try to be very nice about it, but even with my window open and a humidifier in my room, it still dries me out a little bit. Were I not in a show, I wouldn't mind. But there is nothing worse than trying to perform with no voice.
I am singing in Church again on Sunday. I don't know how that one happened. I just sang 3 weeks ago. SERIOUSLY. I also teach Gospel Doctrine, and I think the ward might be sick of seeing me. I mean, who sings twice in one month? But this time I made a little trio group so its not just me. I don't mind, but.....I have a feeling others in the ward will be like "why the *swear-word* is she singing AGAIN? Get off the stand!" Yeah....
Saturday will be a busy day. A funeral all day, and then a show. Bring it on.
I'm just rambling now, which is fine....but..... peace. out.
Kelly, we think you are fabulous! Yes, a very awkward experience in Bath & Body. What was up with her? Trying to be creative and get a sale I guess...well you showed here! Hope you are well. We miss you!
ReplyDelete