I have the coolest family. Strange? Absolutely.
Today was "the Hennessey Show" in my family ward. My little brother, my mom, and my dad gave talks and I sang a song. I don't live in the ward boundaries, but my dad volunteered me, and it just happened.
Looking back, I don't think I have EVER heard my mom speak in church. I've only seen her bear her testimony maybe 3 times, and those were all after I was 15 years old. This is not to say that my mom doesn't have a testimony, because she is actually one of the most spiritual people I know. She just....keeps it to herself unless she is really asked about it.
But that's a side thought. My real point of this was to write this down before I forget how this story went down. My mom is TECHNOLOGICALLY RETARDED. Seriously. When I was 12, she woke me up at 7 in the morning to turn on the computer because it wasn't "working". But yesterday, she was explaining a problem to us about the computer in the living room:
Mom: "the computer doesn't shut down!"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Mom: "It freezes up. It doesn't shut down."
Me: "Well, what happens?"
Mom: "Well, when I press shut down, it just....shuts down! So I have to turn it on again to shut it down."
Bahahahaha.
I'm SO bummed I missed the Hennessy Show. Really. Darn that 9AM church time plus daylight savings. Couldn't make it happen.
ReplyDeleteLoves ya!:)
Gotta love the technology challenged. My dad asked me how to do something on the computer (back before the days of using a mouse), no big deal except he was in IL and I was at school in UT!
ReplyDelete