i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Once Upon A Time...

So... I have a little story to tell.

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Kelly who was driving home from a long day of 4 different rehearsals. It was 11:00 pm, and after a long exhausting day of all sorts of "drama", she was finally on her way home. As she was driving along, she looked down at her dashboard, she noticed something very peculiar.

"Oh shucks" she thought to herself, "I need to get gas. If only I can make it to the top of this hill, I could coast down to the closest gas station if I needed to."

Alas, it was not meant to be. Not 10 seconds later, Kelly's car, Francisco, began to putt and sputter his little hear out.

"Come on Francisco, I have faith in you!" she said as she rubbed the dashboard ever so gently. But Francisco had had enough. "putt putt puuuuuuuttttt-t-t-t" he said, and stopped. Alas, Kelly was not at the top of the hill.

"What shall I do?" she thought. And then the idea popped into her head. "I'll push my car up and into this parking lot, and call my roommates!" After a long haul, she got off the road and called her dear friend Chelsie.

"Chelsie, I ran out of gas! What are you doing?"

"Oh....I'm in the library studying with Sheflo..... Would you like to walk to where we are?"

Kelly pondered this for a moment. Her cold and frozen toes answered the question for her. "Hale No." And she called her other roommate, Maryvonne.

Needless to say, Maryvonne arrived in no time to rescue little Kelly from the cold, but they came upon a new predicament.

"We don't have a gas can! How shall we get gas?" They thought long and hard about this one, and then Kelly had another brilliant idea. "I know! I'll call my home-teachers!" And that's exactly what she did.

Alex Jugant, her fake home-teacher, picked up the phone. He was more than happy to assist! Nobody had a gas can, so Alex and Will decided to improvise:

I'm not sure what they used, but it wasn't a gas can!

Alex and Will were so happy to be helping out Francisco!

Not only did they improvise a gas can, but they improvised a funnel too. That alone was worth a picture!

Unfortunately, they didn't think too far ahead, because the funnel didn't fit. But when they found a funnel that DID fit, it wasn't cut open to be a funnel, so Alex took the keys out and went to work

Finally! The gas was going into the car. Francisco was so happy, you could hear him gulping for joy!

Cross your fingers everybody, this is the moment of truth!

And it worked!

Thankfully, little Kelly was able to make it home before midnight, with enough time to write about it. God bless home-teachers who are creative and willing to help. And if they aren't willing to help, God bless home-teachers who ACT like they are willing to help. The end.






3 comments:

  1. Kelly! This is a great story. Sometimes I wish you had more crappy things happen in your life so that I can read about funny stories like this. But then again, I don't want you to have a sad sad life. But thank you for the occasional unfortunate events ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to remember a very frustrating situation. I haven't run out of gas but I have had cars just stop working, for hours at a time! HATE car problems!!!!

    Then there was the time I had a flat tire on a Sunday up at Sundace (and I was in white and had never fixed a flat in my life) and the 3-4 guys I'd driven up were all trying to do their best to impress me with thier tire fixing abilities thus causing several issues and a few delays. It was a good laugh then and now.

    Yeah for guys how are willing and able to help out the stranded women in their life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I'm printing a copy of your fabulous story and sending it to Sid on his mission! He'll get a kick out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.