i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The "death"

So, in my 22 years of life on this earth, I have come to learn some important things about myself. And right now, I am about to impart upon you the most important one: When I have something important happening, my body holds on until the very last second, and then decides to have its own agenda. In this case, its called "the death".

Some of you may be familiar with "the death". I've had the pleasure of having him visit a few times, always at the most inopportune moments. Like right now.

Tomorrow night is the opening of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. We've already had four audiences, but tomorrow is the official opening, and the press will come this weekend to review the show. Neat.

But, I have "the death". Which means I have no voice, and have to write on a white board to communicate with others. Along with that, my lungs decide to close off and refuse to let me get enough air to breathe. So, I sound like a chain smoker who has been detached from her oxygen machine. Sweet....

The theater is dark tonight, and so I have decided that I have 24 hours EXACTLY to recover from the death, and by Jove, I am determined to do it.

That's all.

1 comment:

  1. good luck sweet girl! I'll say a little prayer for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.