i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Day of Love

So it's Valentines Day. Happy Valentines day. I'm not going to write a blog about how wonderful my significant other, or wallow in the fact that there may not be a significant other and how much I hate this day. Blah blah blah, who cares! The best part of my day though was a text from my Bishop that said "Love really is the point whether or not you have a valentine. The love of God is constant!" Oh Bishop Wilkinson, will you be my Valentine? Haha.

With that said, I got back today from spending a week in St. George for ACTF. Basically I had a free vacation and spent the whole week meeting new people and performing and competing against other schools and other programs. I don't want to write what went down, because it really was just a party the whole time. Critter and I did make it to the final round, and got some scholarships to some training seminars and such. It was so much fun being on that stage and performing for the rest of those attending the competition.

But with that said, let me post a few things that I learned at the festival. Take them for what its worth:

  • If you can say the F-word in a scene, you are a REAL actor
  • If your performance deals with drugs, sex, or the F-word, you are a REAL actor.
  • If you can drop your pants on stage, or wear a thong on stage, you are a REAL actor.
  • If you can fake an orgasm on stage, you are a REAL actor.
  • Contorting your face to make it look like you're crying makes you a REAL actor.
  • If you do a scene that is mostly in Spanish and nobody can understand you, you are a REAL actor.
  • If your name is Sue Bercossum, we will all make fun of your name behind your back. Oh Super Cussum.

I had such a fun time this week. I shared a room with Jennie Pardoe and Adi, and it was so chill and fun. Despite having to drive back up to Orem and back down to St. George for a 6 hour rehearsal in one day, the week was great. I met a lot of really cool people, and took some fun pictures. I'm not in a writing mood, so....maybe I'll post more later. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.