i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My mom is better than your mom...

So let me tell you a little story.

My mom is better than yours.

The end.

No, seriously.

She is.





This is my mom, posing with a bunch of policemen wearing hooker boots. This picture is a whole 'nother story, and though its a funny one, I don't think I'll get into it right now.

Basically, my mom is the best. She is. She is so swear-word funny, its ridiculous. She has the spunkiest hair-do, she is a psychologist, she is so spiritual, she is great at teaching, she loves to buy things on sale, she loves to give as much as she can, but best of all, she made me a birthday cake.

Yesterday was my birthday. Well, February 16th was my birthday. It was a pretty lame day actually, and I felt pretty sad near the evening. If you don't me, I keep myself busy: its a blessing and a curse. But, I'm learning that because I'm busy, people have stopped taking the time to see what I'm up to, or if I want to do something, etc, because they assume my answer is "no, I can't, sorry". Unfortunately, my family has become the same way. My birthday wasn't really a big deal because I am "too busy to really celebrate". Well, in all honesty, if I knew that people would want to, and came to me and said "when can we do this and this and this" I would say "ok, how about...this day?" and everything would be great. But...my family has kind of stopped bothering with that as well.

ANYWAY, Monday the 15th was my Grandma's birthday, so my parents took us both our to the Olive Garden for our birthday dinners combined. We usually get to pick our favorite restaurant to go to for our birthdays. I always pick Tepanyaki, the Japanese place on 500 west in Provo (they cook in front of you!!) and I was actually really looking forward to going there this year. But, things kind of turned out differently. My grandma is now in Utah, which we are so grateful for, so this dinner was kind of her day more than mine, and that's alright. I love the Olive Garden too....so maybe next year I can go to Tepanyaki.

ANYWAY, I tell you all this not because I want you to feel a certain way, or whatever, but because it leads up to something. Anyway, I spent my whole day on campus running around with my head cut off like a chicken. Once that was finished, I spent my night at rehearsal until midnight. Honestly, I felt sad, and lonely, and for once in my life (one of the FEW times I have ever felt this) I began to hate what I was doing: I didn't want to be in a show, I wanted to be with my family, or friends, and have a "normal" schedule and life. Lucienne came and hung out at rehearsal with me because I was lonely, and that was fun.

But the BEST part was, was that my mom made me a cake, and delivered it to the theater. I got a CAKE! With candles and everything! She said she wasn't going to because I wouldn't eat the whole thing, but then....she did. And for some reason, that cake meant more to me than almost anything else that happened that day. It was even decorated all cute, and it was a Red Velvet Cake, my absolute FAVORITE! I turned 22, and there were even 22 candles on the cake! AND there were balloons!!! And you know what else? A birthday hat!

I think people think I'm hard to please, but....I'm really not. I like cake. I like simple things. Maybe when I was a teenager I was different, but I've definitely mellowed out. I like balloons, I love thoughtful surprises. And my mom's birthday cake was the best. Thank-you mom for making me a cake, and for being my mom!

But....

Have I mentioned that I love my mom?

I do.

And she's better than your mom.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.