i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I've been called many things, but never this.

I have this friend at BYU who is from England. He's a nice guy, makes me laugh, but I think he's an absolute pig sometimes, and I have no problem telling him that. In fact, we talk about it at least once a week. All the younger girls just ADORE him because he has a "sexy British accent", and flirts with them. But a few days ago, I was privileged to learn what his first impression of me was:

Kelly: Gary, you didn't talk to me after the day we met. You ignored me!
Gary: I did not! I thought you were a bi*$% because you didn't come up to me the next day to see how I was doing!
Kelly: What! I made eye contact with you, and waved! You turned away!
Gary: hahaha. yeah....maybe.
Kelly: See Gary, you have to GIVE a little when making friends. You actually have to "be friendly"
Gary: Actually Kelly, I was all wrong about you.
Kelly: Oh really....can't wait to hear this one. What?
Gary: Well, I thought you were lesbian after knowing you for a week.
Kelly: You've got to be kidding me.
Gary: Nope
Kelly: Well, lets hear your oh-so-brilliant reasoning
Gary: Well....you didn't act like you wanted to get on me when we first met, and so I was sure you were Lesbian because all straight women have always wanted a piece of me. But now I know that you aren't a lesbian, and just....have bad taste.
Kelly: Because I won't let you touch me?
Gary: Basically.

Seriously? Bahaha. According to Gary, I was lesbian because I didn't find him attractive, and EVERYBODY else does. My bad Gary, my bad. Now, for those of you who may know Gary, you'll understand that there is a twisted sort of sarcasm and humor behind all of this that may or may not imply he is joking....but sometimes.....he may or may not be serious. In this instance, I think about 30% of it was in jest. But that extra 70% is a whole lot of lesbian. But....let it be known, I am not a lesbian. Just throwin' that out there.

4 comments:

  1. Haha a lesbian huh? That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...now the truth comes out. All the time I thought you were uncomfortable with Jenny and my love, when now I realize you were uncomfortable because you actually just wanted to be with her and were jealous.

    It all makes sense now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tell him he needs to get over himself. Sounds like his problem not yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.