So this semester is basically over. I have two finals left, and could really care less about them. My grades this semester are in fine shape, and I've had too much stress over the last week, I can't handle any more. So...I stopped handling it. That is correct, I have learned how to "wash my hands clean" when needed.




Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is winding down, and I am really going to miss this show. I mean, really. Its such a fun show, everybody in it is so talented, (in my personal opinion) and the audiences have responded well. I don't think we've had a single letter or major complaint about the show or its content. Granted, we DID have to clean up ALOT of the nasty...I am supposed to say the F word a few times....bahahaha, yeah...like that would go over well in Orem.
But more importantly, I am going to miss this cast. I have become so close to so many people in the cast. I sit backstage with my accordian for most of the second act, and I just love it. I love talking to Katie and Mack, I love love LOVE talking with Natalie about life and such, occasionally in an Asian or Irish accent. I just love and respect that lady so much, and I wish I could be just like her! No, seriously. She is the BOMB. The dressers are so great, we have such a good time yelling at each other and pretending to cuss each other out when my things aren't laid out perfectly for me, and.....
Ok, I am feeling really sentimental right now, and this does not seem like the time or place to post such a blog like this. SO. I am putting this little praise on hold until I have more time, and I can write about EVERYTHING on my mind. Right now is not that time.
This morning was my first dance rehearsal for The Wedding Singer. I definitely have my work cut out for me. I trained in contemporary dance for 11 years, (along with Jazz and Ballet and Hip Hop in the mix) but I quit my training almost 7 years ago. Since then I've kept up my dance abilities in shows and such, but over the last two years, I have not been required to really dance in my shows. So....I'm a bit rusty, and my calves are already dyin' from this morning's workout. The Theater up there has a completely different atmosphere than I am used to. I don't want to get too much into it right now, but I need to learn how to adapt, and FAST. I'm excited though, and look forward to the friends I will meet (all gay, mind you) and the adventures to come.
With that said, I did have a few awkward and emberassing moments with my double. I don't know her at ALL, nor do any of my friends know her.......Like I said: I have my work cut out for me. Take that for what it's worth. Details for the rest of the run on this subject will be juicy, I can already tell.
I have much to say about The Wedding Singer, but don't have the desire to write it all out right now. My mind is a jumble of this and that, and I wish I could put it all into coherent sentences. But...I can't. That was not a gift I was given. *sigh* Someday.
I am singing in Church tomorrow for the 3rd time in 2 months. I....don't want to. For the first time, I am actually dreading it. I understand, that is the OPPOSITE attitude one needs to have, but....I just feel so funny about it. I love to sing, but 3 times, IN CHURCH no less? I feel like the ward has seen enough of me, and I would much rather hide under a bushel. We can do that right? Apparently not....
This last week, the shiz has kind of hit the fan when it comes to health. Its the end of the semester, and almost everybody I know is just on the edge. There has been a bug that's been going around the cast, and it is BRUTAL. You'll see a picture below of what Friday's show was like. Luckly, nobody has thrown up at the theater, but it is just rippling through. I was fortunate enough to get a small dose of this bug, and I hope its on its way out. With that said however, my other health problem is rearing its ugly little head, and though I suppose this would be an opportune time for it to hit hard and head out (school is over basically, and though I'm taking a few classes, they won't be stressful and work is not an issue), I'd rather it just stayed away. So, here's to high hopes!
My little brother texted me this morning, but I didn't hear back from him. What a dirty little punk. :)
Oh. MY. GOSH. Have you ever been to Pirate Island? Wrong answer. You need to go. Its like....Chuck-E-Cheese for adults, and with PIRATES! How can you pass that up? I submit that you cannot. We got a group and went during the day, when nobody was there, and I had so much fun. It was probably the company that made my day, but I can't imagine how fun that place would be on a weekend when there are lots of people and its karaoke night or something. I mean, JACK SPARROW was our waiter! OK, ok, he wasn't amazing, but....it was JACK SPARROW. He had the pee-pee walk down and everything. Very impressed with the walk, that's for sure. We all spent about an hour in the arcades, and don't you even WORRY that I won the JACKPOT on the jump-rope machine. Yes. I. Am. Awesome. You're welcome.
Well, friends, I am out. Tomorrow is Sunday, and aside from singing in Church, I am excited for a beautiful Sabbath and some time with the crazy family.
Some Pirate Islanders: Katie, Tristan, Janessa, and Chase. Can you see the background? Do you SEE how cool this place is? Hahah. I know, I'm like a little kid.

Two of my most FAVORITE people and dressers at the show: Mack-a-doodle and Katie. Does it get any better than these two? I submit that it does not.

The dreaded bug. All of us felt miserable, and oddly enough, it was one of the best shows and audiences. Part of the night I was curled up in a ball outside on the grass, while John Wolfe was curled up in a ball in the men's restroom. Natalie's husband was ill, so she caught onto that. Andrea said hers was anxiety based, and Ruth was queasy. Seriously? Seriously.

Ta da! This is the best picture. So today, a patron decided to wonder backstage during the show and use the CAST bathroom. Not a big deal, old people get lost all the time....except....this lady was not old: she was tall, and SKINNY, and deadly. Who knows WHAT happened in that restroom, but she left rose petals all throughout the rest of the theater. The ENTIRE building was rancid. Unfortunately, the bathroom is right down the hall from the women's dressing room, and we stayed locked in this little room as long as we could. Yes, one of us dry-heaved.
When taking the picture, Katie asked: "How do you feel about the bathroom right now?"
Ta. Da.


So wish we were closer to see DRS and Wedding Singer, darn distance between places...I'll tell people I know to go see you in Wedding Singer!!! I'm sure Amanda will make every effort. Have a fab summer even if you aren't in West. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh this post made me giggle. Great to reminisce. Was DRS some of the best times of our lives or what?!
ReplyDelete