I officially give everyone the right to call springville all the nasty and ghetto names they can think of, and I swear on my life I won't try and defend it. Let me tell you a story. A story about.....hmm....anyone seen Simon Birch?
So we're driving along springville, enjoying the nice springville scenery as we're coming up fourth south on our way to our blessed home. At a red light directly across from us there is this nasty old guy and nasty skanky girl crossing the street. I mean nasty; poor hygiene, smoker, etc. Adjacent to us is another man with long curly hair and a pepsi shirt on. So! The light turns green and we start to drive while these lovely pedestrians decide to cross. During all this, I witnessed these strange people exchange some banter from across the road (all in silence, because my window is rolled up). Suddenly! The girl starts skipping and scratching her belly (I then thought she had a mental handicap) and all of a sudden, she grabs her tight little tank top, throws it over her head, and laughs. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I saw BOOBS! Pure and exposed boobs. I wasn't sure whether I should cry or laugh. Heh. I laughed. Boobs in springville everyone, boobs in springville. My dad and I know now refer to it as the "springville welcome" and hope you all enjoy your stay in springville.
My mom got a video camera for Mother's Day. Big mistake Dad. Not only is my mom technologically handicapped, but I also have a ten year old brother who has adopted this Mother's Day gift as his own and will not go anywhere around the house (or outside for that matter) without that little silver box in the palm of his hand. So why is this such a bad thing? Well, let me explain.
Little children have such a hunger for knowlege. Usually book knowlege (school work and stuff like that) but their hunger is even greater when it involves somebody else and getting them in trouble. I don't know, maybe its the thrill of feeling like a secret agent and trying to "solve mysteries" as to why your sister goes downstairs every night and locks the door for 20 minutes. Ya know, stuff like that. My little brother Hootie has taken it upon himself to follow me around, secretly, and tape everything I do. Lucky for him, he's lacking the "secretive" part. So the other day he taped me walking into my mom's room and taking earings from her drawer to borrow (which were mine to begin with, they were just really nice ones and so she keeps them in a litlte box in her drawer. Hootie, feeling totally successful in his quest to get his 19 year old sister grounded (curse living at home) went and showed my mom, who then FLIPPED out because she thought I was stealing something of hers. Are you kidding me?!?! Are you kidding me! This is absolutely ridiculous. Needless to say, I am not very fond of being at home right now.
And yes, he did solve the mystery of why I go downstairs and lock the door. Ready? Oh, its juicy. I turn on music and work out: Bowfles, Ab rollers, Pilates balls, and Tae-Bo. And that's all. There is no privacy in this world anymore, and I am not a fan of that.
Or there is this one.
Today I had the opportunity to listen to an Apostle of the Lord. It was during this meeting when I felt like Russell M. Nelson threw a brick at my face with a little note attached to it that said "Love, Russell" so there would be no hard feelings.
If we only sprinkle our lives with the Gospel of Christ after already being emmersed in the Spirit of God, you will only know enough to feel guilty instead of joy; which is the entire purpose of our existance on this earth.
I am surrounded by "sprinklers". In fact, they are masters of the art of sprinkling. I am slowly becoming somebody who I am not. Not necessearily because I'm in a different atmosphere, because this has just as much precedence as it would were I still in Utah; but because I am letting myself become somebody who I know I am not. Why don't I act upon how I truly feel inside instead of how I think the individuals around me would interpret and accept my decisions? After being smacked in the face with the brick today I realized that it doesn't matter who I am with, or what I'm doing. It matters that I am true to myself and my own opinions and thoughts. And if you disagree? Awesome! Lets talk about it! I love a good conversation.
So after reading the above paragraph, it occured to me that it makes no sense, whatsoever. And that's alright, because nobody reads these anyways. On a more superficial level, I think I am going to dye my hair blonde again. I've had my two months of fun with brown hair, but I think that I'll work back to the blonde/long hair look. But at least I've tried it, and now I'm ready to go back. Huzzah.
Somebody's car alarm keeps going off outside, and it is driving me insane. Not to mention the fact that I just inhaled a HUGE dinner cooked by my own Martha Stewart and now I just want to roll over and sleep until I have to wake up and be a mouse. Hmm....tempting...
What a night! I had such a great time with my old Meridian friends from when I was a freshman in High School. Back in high school, I always felt very young and very small and un-deserving to hang out with the "big and cool people". And truth have it, I probably still am. They really all are amazing people and have all been great examples for me throughout high school.
Jonx narrated a very interesting and complicated game of Mafia when I arrived around 11. I have never played thta game with characters like "the little girl" who can peek during the mafia's turn; or the "lovers" who are devoted to each other to the point of suicide of the other is killed; or the "witch" with two potions to save and kill people if they so desire; or the "hunter" who can take out anybody when they are killed; or the "fortune teller" who....well, I don't really remember their job because I wasn't paying attention when Jonx was explaining her role; and of course the "Wolves" who were undoubtedly the Mafia. My dear "belly friend" Katie Hamblin and I enjoyed sharing our bellies...and our jellies, if you will, with each other and by the end of the night my face and mouth were hurting very badly because I had been laughing so hard.
The next game we played was Catchphrase. I must say, I do like that game alot. I kinda lost track of time because I was having so much fun. I haven't had that much fun in so long, and it felt so great to be with people who loved me and I respected and to just laugh and laugh and have a good time. I've almost forgotten what that feels like, and now that I remember, I'll shoot to do it more often.
So yesterday I spent the majority of my day in bed. I felt lousy. I woke up at noon, went to church from 1-4, slept from 5:30 to 7:30 until cousin grev stopped by to wake me up and chat before he went up to BYU Idaho, and then laid in bed for the rest of the night eating lemon bars, chips and salsa, and talking on the phone for maybe 5 hours to 3 or 4 different people that called me. And yes, I was in bed. I wasted me entire sunday, all because I felt like rolling over and dying. My body ached, my head hurt, I was exhausted, and my eyes were a little swollen at one point. So, when the time rolled around to acutally "go to bed", I was wired. Maybe one too many lemon bars? Who knows. But the point being, I couldn't sleep if my life depended on it.
It was during this time that I lay in bed when the saying came to me: "Nobody dies a virgin, in the end life screws us all anyway." In a way, that is so true. I sat there thinking about my life (careful, I might get deep here) and realized that I have so much going for me, so much I can do and want to be doing with myself, and with my time, and with other people that would be great. I haven't done anything with myself...nothing to be really proud of anyway. I dont' want to lay down and eat lemon bars all day, who does that? I want to have fun! Live! Be somebody important! Do something great and amazing and be loved for it before life screws me over. So, my point is that I have a new meaning and motivation for doing things, and though it comes out of nowhere, it's keepin' me goin', so don't make fun.....Hmm. I think I might go rock climbing this week. Possibly dancing. How cool is that?
ONE MORE, I PROMISE!
August 8, 2006
So I drove to Salt Lake today. Exciting huh? No, I don't think you quite understand how exciting it really was. I got to drive the company bug. Yes, a stick shift. And yes, I can drive a stick thanks to my brother Brandon McCloskey, who taught me everything about stick, who learned from my father, Rick McCloskey. I am a pro! I'll admit, I've never gone a time driving a manual where I haven't stalled once. And today, I didn't stall at all! AND! I was in salt lake traffic. Now that's what I'm talking about. I did almost die though. Some kid taking Driver's Ed pulled out to turn left about 20 feet in front of me. (on the driving spectrum, 20 feet is NOT ALOT!) So I slammed on my breaks (*gasp* no I didn't stall) and swerved and missed him. I almost wet myself. Kee kee, just kiddin'.
I had a fabulous weekend in St. George. I saw my good friends performing at Tuacahn, I stayed overnight at the high school in an apartment, I had a slight run-in with an ENORMOUS turantula (spelling), I made crepes, I went swimming, I played Mad Gab like Mad Gabbers do, and I enjoyed my time off. It was wonderful to be away from work and everything. I am sad that I couldn't look up one of my close friends who lives down there. We don't see much of each other, and it was a pity I couldn't stop by and say hi. But it's ok I suppose, because, like I said, I still had a wonderful time, and would like to go back. Possibly this weekend. Aaron? Let's go.
I don't like blogging very much sometimes. I sound petty and cliche'. Did I mention stupid? Hmm...
YUP. I AM PRETTY DARN COOL. These little writings make me laugh. Julie. I know you'd enjoy them. :)
And P.s Julie. My mom is STILL better than yours.
I missed the whole Myspace fad, thanks for the quick education. :)
ReplyDelete