i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bucket List completions!

It's been quite a while since I've posted about this Bucket List of mine. I thought I wanted it to stop at 100, but I think as time goes on I will keep adding to it. I just can't help myself. It's a simple little bucket list... there are some very trivial things on there. I like that. However, I feel the need to maybe update my list a little bit with the things that I have completed. What a crazy couple of years.

#6: Graduate with my BFA

In 2012, I graduated from Brigham Young University with my BFA in Acting (Don't forget that F, it's REALLY important). It took me almost 7 years to do it, but I did it. Aside from my dad, the first Hennessey to graduate from college. Neat.



#30: Be a TA

What kind of bucket list goal is that? I don't know, but I always wanted to. So I did. I TA'd the Advanced Combat class in my program my senior year (the second time around) for David Morgan. That man is CRAZY. I don't have any pictures of this, but I DO have a fun little video that my buddy Jace made for me YEARS ago when I was first training. We had fun filming it, though part of me cringes just a little every time I see it. What a funny little fighter. 


#42: Attend an Ellen Degeneres Show before she retires.

We tried.....we didn't make into the seating, but sat back stage. I'm going again on April 10th. This one will happen soon!

#43: Be recognized by a stranger for a show I was in.

This has happened. And...that's all there is to say about it. It's a pleasant feeling. 

#46: Win something in a contest

I won a scooter! At the very last minute, I took part in a writing contest my old high school was doing. We had to write about our experiences as a student, and how those times changed and shaped our future selves. So I whipped out an essay, got the most votes, and walked away with a scooter. It ended up being a huge headache and I sold it a year later, but I loved it with my whole heart. The picture below is the only one I have accessible at the moment: this was right after I had been hailed out in the middle of the summer. Don't forget to notice how red my forehead was from the pelts that kept hitting me as I drove. Scoot scoot!



#59: Teach somebody who has never heard of Jesus Christ.

It's a really long and crazy story, but when I was 18 and living in Orlando, I ended up out to dinner with this guy named Charlie who I occasionally worked with at Disney. He was a graduate from Duke University in Engineering, and decided he didn't want to be stuck in a job he didn't like, so he performed at Disney with me instead. Isn't that crazy? I'll spare you the details, but he took the discussions from the elders, myself, and a few close friends, and was baptized a while later. We're all on different paths now, but he will remain a very dear friend and very close to my heart. 

Did I mention he was also a Buddhist monk? I know he looks less than thrilled in this picture, but I promise we were/are great friends.


#98: Paint a painting for my house.

I don't think I'm going to cross this one off quite yet, because I haven't started and finished a painting meant JUST for my house. I also am not a painter. At all. But I do paint occasionally, and find it very calming. My older brother and I have this bond over old nintendo games, so I have painted him a few different paintings of old characters of games we used to love and play together. 


#103: Hike the Hollywood sign

3 times! Each time with different people and a completely different route, but always a blast. 



This year, I am going to Camp on the beach (104), travel to Asia (38-Thailand!!) and....maybe sing at Hootie's farewell (28).

Goals. Am I right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.