i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Friday, May 10, 2013

Magic



You guys. I LOVE THIS SONG.  Its just so romantic and beautiful.

I'm kind of a hopeless romantic. I didn't think that I was, but songs like this remind me that I am. And I'm a terrible aim. But....who's got it all down anyway, right?

I've been teaching math classes for the last two days. I'm actually a lot smarter than I think I give myself credit for. I've always struggled with math, but I feel VERY accomplished when I teach these classes. Sure, it's pre-algebra and Algebra. Sure, I'm 25 years old, and have ten years of real-life application without even realizing it. Sure, it is easier for me to understand now. I wonder how much easier my life would have been if these things came this easy to me when I was actually in these classes.

Anyway...It's kind of exciting that I can teach people something that I wasn't very good at. It actually makes me a little bit better of a teacher, because I feel like I know how to angle it to cover ALL the bases. I feel like I know what to say in order to eliminate confusion, because I know exactly where the confusion would come from or what could potentially make things more complicated if not explained a certain way--all because I struggled myself.

That is kind of a life lesson, really. We struggle so we can know how to better handle the situation next time (or a potentially bigger situation), and so we can help other figure out how to get through their own situation. No situation is alike, and no two people are perfectly in sync or handle things completely the same. But evaluating the cause and effect is a great start.

So here I am, playing Gavin Degraw through the classroom speakers, while these kids struggle their way through their math assignment. And I am proud to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.