i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Monday, November 19, 2012

letters of apology

Dear friends and strangers who came and saw the show tonight:

I am sorry. I was terrible tonight. Blame it on sickness, blame it on my inability to get through it, blame it on what you will, but I was terrible. I couldn't sync in, I couldn't focus %100, and I gave a terrible performance. Don't judge me too harshly, I'm already doing that to myself. I hope that you enjoyed yourself nonetheless.

Regretfully,
your friend


Dear Work:

I am sorry I have been dragging the last few days. Blame it on my sickness, blame it on my inability to get out of my bed, blame it on what you will. Tomorrow is "free dress day", and you better believe I will be showing up to work in my sweat pants and new sweatshirt. Don't be too upset with me, I am renewing my goal to look presentable at work each day, and to wake up just a bit earlier to do so.

Sincerely,
your employee


Dear Mom,

I'm sorry I haven't returned your phone calls or texts all weekend. I've been busy? I actually have been fairly busy (or sleeping), and when you text or call, I am not able to pick up and just haven't remembered or thought to write back and say "Hey, I'm at a party singing a bunch of songs with some friends. " or "I won't be coming home for dinner tonight, there is some Ward stuff happening" or "Thanks for coming to my show again. It means the world when you do." or "Hey mom, I love you a lot.". I will be better. I didn't meant to drop off the edge over the last 4 days. I'll come back.

With love,
your daughter


Dear Body

I am sorry I haven't been taking very good care of you over the last two months. You've always been very faithful and as strong as you can be for me, and I have been treating you like garbage. Please forgive me. I will put better foods into you, I will let you exercise more, and I will take better care of you. I know that you want to throw-up everything inside of you right now, but please hold strong. I am so happy that you are mine, and I intend on keeping you for forever.

painfully,
your soul


Dear God,

Thank-you. I am sorry I am not always perfect. I am sorry I make mistakes, and sometimes the same mistakes over and over again. I know that you are always waiting for me to open up to you, and I realize that sometimes I take a bit longer than I should. I have a lot of wonderful blessings in my life, and I will be better at not taking them for granted. I will try harder to be kinder, wiser, and stronger. I will work harder to love more thoroughly, and to listen more carefully. Thank-you for your love and constant patience.

Gratefully,
me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.