i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Choose your love, love your choice.

I don't know a lot about love.

I've had my share of relationships. I feel like I understand what it means for me to love somebody, and I feel like I understand what it feels like for me when I am "truly loved." Those things aren't foreign to me. I know the safety that comes with it, and more importantly, the freedom to love that comes with being loved in return. But the one thing I keep thinking about is this:

Love is never stagnant. It is always moving.

What does that even mean? What does it mean that love is always moving? If any of you are LDS, I think we can easily compare it to the fence analogy. "You are either with God, or against God. There is no fence sitting." I think the same goes for love. If you are not allowing love to grow, if you are not putting in the work to move it forward and to nurture it,  if you are not choosing to nurture love, then it is moving backwards. It will not stand still. Ever.

And that's all that I know. That's what I feel. I don't have much to say about it besides that. If you want something to grow, make a choice, and help it grow. It starts with a choice, and is followed by an action. And you just....do it. You make a choice, and you follow through. When you get married, you make a choice, and then a promise (or a covenant) to love and cherish that person for the rest of your life (or forever). And that's it! That's your choice! Choose your love, love your choice.

Isn't that what life is all about? Making choices and loving what we choose? I mean, if you strip everything down to the bare bones, our entire existence is just a bunch of choices. I mean, that's why we were even sent to earth: to use our agency to choose to return to our Heavenly Father. While here,  we choose a career that makes us happy, and we stick to it. We choose friends that lift us up, and we keep them in our lives. We decide the kind of person that we want to be, and then we choose to become that person (and hopefully stay that way.) It's just a bunch of choices.

I'm not a good writer. I know that. Half the time, I don't even edit or proof-read my posts because I just don't have the time or energy. And right now, I'm ok with that.





1 comment:

  1. You my friend, are actually, quite a good writer. And, I find that what you say frequently touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.