No. Seriously.
They are.
I just moved to a new place: I didn't know any of the girls, I didn't know anybody in the area. I moved out of a great ward with a lot of great friends, and I miss them dearly.
Basically, I took a BIG shot in the dark and moved away because I needed to change something in my life.
But guess what.
That shot in the dark turned out to be a pretty great thing.
Its always hard to move into a new place and not know anybody. What if the girl upstairs smokes pot in her closet? What if the girl downstairs doesn't shower or clean her dishes? What if you don't fit in, or don't get a long with them? Oh the terrors of new roommates. Its hard being the "newbie" in the house; everybody already knows each other, and though they all make an effort to make you feel welcome, nobody makes an effort if that makes sense. Nobody is trying to be mean, but everybody has their busy lives and that is kind of the way it goes.
But we all lucked out, because aside from one girl, all of us were the newbies moving in, and because of that, we all clicked RIGHT AWAY.
Actually, if you think about it, its a little bit freaky how much we all like each other. Last night we talked in the kitchen and living room from about 10 pm to 2am. The water was turned off yesterday in our place too so none of us could shower or use the toilets. Needless to say, we may or may not have gone to Macy's once to use the restroom, or we may or may not have found other things to occupy our time. Who really knows though.
:)
Way to change things up a bit! It's good for you. :) Glad you ended up with a new situation that is much better than expected.
ReplyDelete