Since I am such a CONSISTANT blogger, I thought I would just warn you all that my blogging will become considerably less over the next month or two: I start my senior year, I'll be working still, and in another show. So...Huzzah.
The last little bit has been cuh-razy town! I know that it is summer time (or was, school starts monday), but for some reason I have felt more stressed and busy during this last summer than I do during a normal school year. How can that be? I tell you, I don't know. The last two summers I have been at the Playmill, and by the time summer is over, I am pumped for school to start in the fall. I. LOVE. SCHOOL. I really do. But this summer I stayed back and worked and got some summer schooling done. My semester ended two weeks ago, and I hardly feel like its time to go back with a heavier load. I went on two vacations this summer to Oregon and to California, and I still feel so burned out. But such is life, and in April when I graduate (fingers crossed) it will all be worth it... That is, until I decide which grad school I want to go to and when.
Lets see, lets see. So in July, my family went to the Oregon coast for ten days. I couldn't get off work or school for that long, and so I flew out to Oregon for 5 days and met up with my family. We stayed in a Beach House on the Coast with my Grandma Smith, my Aunt Jan and Uncle Bill, and my family. It was really fun. My older brother Sean was even able to come out and stay with us and bring his dogs, which was really lucky. Although I was on vacation, I still had to work from the house and do all of my reading and write all of my papers. IT was so fun being there, but I felt more stressed there than I would have at home. I don't know if you know this, but it is difficult to write papers and do homework when you know you aren't supposed to be doing that on a "vacation". But such is life.
Here are some pictures from our Oregon Trip:
The last little bit has been cuh-razy town! I know that it is summer time (or was, school starts monday), but for some reason I have felt more stressed and busy during this last summer than I do during a normal school year. How can that be? I tell you, I don't know. The last two summers I have been at the Playmill, and by the time summer is over, I am pumped for school to start in the fall. I. LOVE. SCHOOL. I really do. But this summer I stayed back and worked and got some summer schooling done. My semester ended two weeks ago, and I hardly feel like its time to go back with a heavier load. I went on two vacations this summer to Oregon and to California, and I still feel so burned out. But such is life, and in April when I graduate (fingers crossed) it will all be worth it... That is, until I decide which grad school I want to go to and when.
Lets see, lets see. So in July, my family went to the Oregon coast for ten days. I couldn't get off work or school for that long, and so I flew out to Oregon for 5 days and met up with my family. We stayed in a Beach House on the Coast with my Grandma Smith, my Aunt Jan and Uncle Bill, and my family. It was really fun. My older brother Sean was even able to come out and stay with us and bring his dogs, which was really lucky. Although I was on vacation, I still had to work from the house and do all of my reading and write all of my papers. IT was so fun being there, but I felt more stressed there than I would have at home. I don't know if you know this, but it is difficult to write papers and do homework when you know you aren't supposed to be doing that on a "vacation". But such is life.
Here are some pictures from our Oregon Trip:
This is my little brother Hootie jumping in the sunset. His first attempt wasn't as cool as this picture.

This is just a taste of how beautiful Oregon really was. This was the harbor we went to to go Deep Sea Fishing.

My cute family at the beach house.

My dad's nickname written in the sand.

We bought some Sport Kite's to fly on the beach. I have never flown a Sport Kite, but it was so fun and it is now one of my favorite things!

We had a sport kite and a normal kite. Hootie got a little competative with the Sport Kite and cut the line of my dad's other kite.

Grandma Smith made the mistake of feeding one Seagull our first day. This is what happened to her the rest of the trip anytime she went outside.

First day at the Beach House: Uncle Bill, Aunt Jan, Grandma Smith, and Mom.

Our Beach House from the Ocean.

Uncle Bill's home in Salem.

A picture I took at the Hippie Festival.

Family game night!

We went Deep Sea Fishing, and Aunt Jan caught this Amazon fish! It was incredible, and so tasty!

On the boat, right before my dad got sea sick....again.

My dad and Uncle Bill were the only ones on the boat that got seasick...AND...they took Dramamine! Uncle Bill was sick the entire time. For those of you who know how bady I hate throwing up, this was just as awful for me as it was for him, because I had to listen to it! But I am not totally heartless, and though I hated it, I felt soooo bad for him. This is him trying to feel better...Didn't work.

Sean was the first one on the boat to catch a fish. Way to go!
Needless to say, we had a great time in Oregon. I love spending time with my family, even though sometimes they don't believe me. :)
Looks like a great trip! Glad you were able to get away, even if it wasn't a 100% vacation for you.
ReplyDelete