i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Technology and I are fighting.

So I have this laptop, and it has ceased to work. For now. My old boss is supposed to help me fix it, but...you know how that goes. We started working on it maybe 4 weeks ago, and there hasn't been progress. Needless to say, not having a laptop, ESPECIALLY during school, has been a bit of a challenge. Luckily, I have a friend who let me borrow his "extra" laptop until I get mine back or a *gulp* new one... I am very grateful for that though.

With that said, I have a printer that has had a paper jam since June. I have cleaned it out, turned it on and off, and it still just reads "Paper Jam". Well, what the heck, what am I supposed to do.

A couple of months ago, the bottom of a drink cup broke in my car and fried my ipod that was underneath it. (This is the REAL reason for this post...). So now I am using my little brother's old Ipod Nano. Which I am also extremely grateful for. I do wish I had a Classic Ipod, with like, 250 GB of space. I don't need an iTouch, or anything like that. I just need an ipod with bigger space. I can only fit so many songs on there (its only 8GB), and when you sing as much as performers do, a larger ipod seems to be a necessity.

ANYWAY--the REAL point of this iPod tangent is that when my old ipod fried, I lost a BUNCH of music that was not on my laptop: songs I just ripped from other laptops straight to my iPod, you get the drill. So I guess I am just thinking about my sorry collection of music that is currently on my ipod.

SO! In my despair, I have made a wish-list of songs/music that I really miss and wish I had access to:

  • The new Sarah Bareilles CD (THANKS MATT SMITH!)
  • GLEE: any and all of it. I had the best collection, and now I have....almost nothing. :(
  • The Soundtrack to Hairspray
  • Taylor Swift
  • Soundtracks to movies, GOOD movies
  • LDS Music (not EFY, not Motab, but a healthy in between. You know the type.
  • Stephen Speaks
  • Phantom of the Opera
Wow. I had more in my head, but once I started this list, they disappeared. Anyway, I am most concerned about my GLEE collection. Dear Universe: Help.

Love, Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.