i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Boys are babies

So I have this theory.

When it comes to sickness, boys are big babies.

Hahahaha. Seriously! I've actually thought about this a lot over the last couple months, and looking back, boys can be complete babies!!

Growing up, I learned very quickly that there was absolutely no time to be sick. I am not sure if my parents instilled that into me, or if it was just part of my personality, but getting sick was not an option. Don't get me wrong, it happened all the time. But more than anything, I remember being at school, or playing basketball games, or performing, or doing WHATEVER, even when I felt like I was close to dropping dead. As a child, I LOVED school, and I hated missing classes. So if I threw up at night, or in the morning, I think I still wanted to get up and go to school. I LOVED IT!

And the thing is, is that I know NINE BILLION girls who will just keep plugging through their lives, who aren't able to take a day off, or take a break when they are sick. Mothers who just keep going, friends who keep pushing. Maybe its because in performing, you don't have any other option. Maybe not.

BUT, aside from my father, most the boys I know completely FALL APART when they get a stuffy nose! I knew a guy who took 4 sick days because of a cold. Looking at past boyfriends I've had, all of them have almost fallen apart when they got sick! Grumpy and fallen apart!

And this isn't meant to be a bitter post, its not meant to rail on boys. Girls fall apart too. I just had an observation, and wanted to chuckle about it....on the internet....I guess?

With all that said, I actually am sick, and so I'm going to go to bed.

Huh. Ironic.




2 comments:

  1. You are now ready to face marriage my friend. You have just learned the secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called a "man cold," and it drives me crazy. You must watch this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.