item number 6: graduate with my BFA
In April of this year, I graduated from BYU with my BFA in Acting. People are often surprised that BYU has an acting program. I was too. Come to find out, the Acting Track at BYU is comparable to most Master Programs across the country. There is a lot of talent hidden up in that University among the professor's and directors. Elder Oaks spoke at my graduation--what a wonderful man he is. And here I am, 5 months later, still hoping to discover what I will do next with my life.
Left to right: Dalton, Gabby, Andrea, Me, Bethany, and Graham. Dalton is living in NYC now, Gabby is on tour, Andrea is in SLC, and Bethany and Graham (married) are performing in Denver.
item number 12: spend a week in NYC and see shows
Last year, I flew out to NYC by myself to visit friends, see shows, and feel out the city. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, or if I was even supposed to follow the crowd and go to NYC. So I found a cheap flight, and leapt. I invited my mom to come out with me (with the clear understanding that the purpose of this trip was for me to be by myself and figure things out), and she did. We stayed right off of Times Square, and had a great time. NYC is such a glamorous place, and I loved visiting, but I did not feel like it was "my city". I guess that could explain why I haven't made it out of here yet. Regardless, I saw a lot of things, met a lot of people, visited a lot of old friends, saw a lot of shows, ate a lot of food, and had an amazing time. I wish I could go visit again.
Grand Central Station
I cry, every time during The Lion King
Daniel Radcliffe was incredible.
Just some shopping....
Mom and me.
Radio City Music Hall, Cirque Du Soleil, before the hurricane hit.
THIS GUY paid 50 bucks for a flashlight...
My second favorite painting at the MET
Watching the hurricane roll in.
item number 30: be a TA
What a strange thing to put on a bucket list, eh? I've always wanted to be a TA for my program at school, and I actually ended up being one (funny story). My last year at school, I TA'd the Advanced Stage Combat class at BYU. What a blast that was. Its an interesting dynamic when you are placed in a position of authority over your peers, but we all had a great time (at least, I did....) I don't have any pictures of the year I TA'd, but I do have this random video my friend made.....don't judge.
Well kids, that's all I can handle updating for now.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Just....write it.