So I have this problem lately: I don't want to go to sleep.
I mean, sure I want to sleep, who doesn't LOVE sleeping. I do. But when I lay in my bed after a day of who-knows-what, the last thing I want to do is sleep. I feel....excited. I feel excited about a lot of different things, and I'd rather just be awake so I can keep experiencing it all. Does that make sense?
Its such a polar contrast to how I've felt before. Before, all I wanted to do was sleep. SLEEP. Sleep all day, sleep all night, just unconscious and as peaceful as I could be. Maybe I was too run down, maybe I wasn't sleeping well, or maybe I just didn't want to experience anything any more. Regardless, I am in bed, and wanting to have an adventure. I want to hike a mountain, I want to be around people I love, I want to watch the meteor shower...
***THERE'S A METEOR SHOWER TONIGHT! So that's why the park outside my window is full of people. If only I wasn't shy.***
Anyway, the last four or five nights I've laid in bed, smiling, and wondering what I could do next. One night I went on an adventure to Denny's with some great people. One night I stayed up late reading a really fascinating book about the South Pacific. One night, I baked lots of goodies (which are still sitting in my home because I can't eat them). One night I drove up the canyon and looked at the city lights. My favorite night though consisted of staying up late with Dave, puzzling and laughing. Those nights are the best. Those memories are the fondest. Memories that include another person seem to be far "special-er" than a memory with just me.
Huh. What a concept.
***I'm still thinking about that meteor shower***
So there is this girl that's been at the gym when I've been there the last few times, and she is AMAZING. I mean, seriously. She's incredible. I don't know who she is, or what she does, but every time I see her, I get this outrageous sense of competition, and work that much harder. Its actually kind of ridiculous. She's older than me, probably a good 10 years or so. Married, from what I can tell, and she works harder than anybody I've ever seen. Not to be disrespectful or vulgar, but she's got a bangin' body! And I feel completely fine in saying that, because she works so hard for it! ANYWAY, my point in all of this, is that I work twice as hard when I'm there, because she makes me want to. Its this strange thing, I don't understand it. I've never spoken to her, I don't even think we've made eye contact. But mark my words friends, someday, I will be as fit as she is. MAN! She's awesome. I secretly watch her when she's doing floor work outs so I can steal them and use them too. She's awesome!
Hmm. That last paragraph sounds a little lesbian. Its not. I like boys. A LOT.
i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"
And if you turn around, someone is looking at how hard you work out and how great you look and increasing their workout because they want a body like yours...funny how things seem to go that way. ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you'll believe this, but you inspire me. You always have. :)
ReplyDelete