I am thankful for WINDOWS. Sometimes I think we forget how wonderful it is to stare outside through a window and see the outside world. As much as I hate snow, I love curling up in a blanket on the couch next to a window, and reading something that interests me. Which leads me to my next item: I am thankful for blankets. I am thankful for all the purposes that blankets have, even if its as simple as hiding my stomach so nobody has to see that I look as gross as I feel sometimes. I am thankful for HIGHLIGHTERS, because they make my memorization and my studying a bit easier. I am thankful for CRAZY-COLORED-SOCKS, (knee high socks) because they spice up any outfit. Even if nobody sees them, you know that you are wearing them, and it just gives you one more reason to smile with a secret hidden behind it. I am thankful for roommates who constantly validate me, even when the validation is probably....false. But they do their "duty", and its much appreciated. I am thankful for Facebook, because it lets me keep in touch with people that I normally would have no other way of contacting them. I am thankful for Church Callings, and the challenges they present with the opportunity to grow and overcome them. I am thankful for high heels, because sometimes, you just need a pair. I am thankful for costumers who can't stop telling me how much they adore me and can't wait to finish my costumes. I am thankful for friends in the HFAC who let me sleep on the floor for an hour and a half because they know that I have had a busy week (I'm not the only one, we all have. But I guess it was my turn to take the nap). I am thankful for grass. I miss it. Winter? Go away. I love laying on the grass, or playing barefoot in the warm grass.
But my most important "thankful" of the week is for my education, and the amazing opportunities I have this year to grow and learn, despite the student loans that some of it is requiring. (Though I should be thankful for those, in a few years, I won't be.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Just....write it.