i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Monday, October 19, 2015

Home

For months now, people have always commented on my skin, and often inquire as to what my skin care routine is. I've never thought it to be anything special, just common sense: take care of your skin, ya know? But recently, I've had a LOT of comments about how fresh and clear my face looks, and what sort of things I do or don't do to it. Well, I've decided to post a little bit about a few of my favorite products, and hope you find it informative or helpful!

......

Are you effing kidding me right now? Have you seen my actual face? Gag me. Aahahaha. Half of me wishes that I actually had the type of face/skin to post something like this, and the other half hopes that I never become the type to post any sort of skin-care makeup tutorial for all my "adoring fans." I mean, even if I were to post something about my skin care routine, you'd probably laugh out loud because I still look like I'm in puberty. No amount of salt scrub, face wash, toner, moisturizer, or botox can fix this disaster that seems to do it's own thing.  In all reality, I am the one asking other people how they are so beautiful. One of my good friend's has great skin, and her secret? Hand wash. HAND. WASH. Coconut hand-wash from the drug-store. I had to walk away from her when she told me. Because, really, it can't be fair that on three separate occasions I had to register with the Federal Government to take a pill so aggressive and deadly that it could 1) fry all of my eggs, 2) completely deform any baby I happen to become pregnant with, thus enforcing a required abortion, and 3) report 2 separate kinds of birth control to prevent #2 in order to have clear skin....only to have my skin pull out a big "F-You" sign a few years later and revert back to it's pubescent days. Yeah. Chew on that for a while.

Sometimes, I think I'm really funny. That paragraph above? That's one of those times where I think I'm funny, and nobody else really does.

This last weekend I was knocked off my feet for three days with some terrible virus I picked up from playing one of my kid's recorders while nannying last week. I even cleaned it off, but obviously didn't do a good enough job. I got in the shower Thursday night, and by the time I had gotten out, my head was spinning, my throat was so sore (just the left side though) that I couldn't swallow, and I couldn't walk straight. I woke up Friday morning feeling like I had been hit by a truck, and could not get out of bed without running to the bathroom to throw-up. I HATE throwing-up so badly though, that I was able to keep it under control and not throw up at all ( I know, I know, if I would just throw it up, I'd feel a lot better--well, when you spent the majority of your childhood throwing up, it loses it's "fun" and "quick-fix" feeling, because the "quick-fix" never stayed for long. I'm going to be a terrible pregnant lady). I called into both my jobs, left the house for two hours to struggle through two auditions, and spent the rest of the day in bed. I didn't sleep much Friday night, as I woke up 3 or 4 times completely soaked in sweat. I changed twice, and by the third time just fell back asleep because I didn't have the energy to get out of bed one more time. Talk about GROSS. Saturday I stayed in bed all day until I had a Toy Story party at 5 pm that I suffered through. I do love doing those parties, but when you can't talk and you can't sing and you can't stand and you don't want to be alive, you suddenly don't love doing those parties as much. Sunday wasn't much better, as I did another party, and then came home again and spent the day in bed. Luckily, Sunday evening was the first night I had felt hungry since Thursday (I'd been living off of Saltine crackers and watered down gatorade for 2 days) and so I made some homemade chicken noodle soup that was BOMB, if I do say so myself. Speaking of which, I'm an awesome cook--more on that later. Anyway, today was my first full day back, and by the time it came to going to the gym after work, I couldn't get off my bed. It's 9pm right now, and I feel as though it's 1am and I can't keep my eyes open.

That's what happens when you play recorder's that aren't yours.

For the month of October, I've been eating a Paleo diet. It's been going really well actually, as I do love meat, and feel great cutting out a lot of the carbs that I've been getting from breads and grains, etc. I don't think Paleo is the end-all diet for me, but it's been a really great starting point to decide which things I do like about eating this way, and which things I don't. I've been fairly strict for the first part of the month, just to get my body adjusted, and have since strayed away here and there to accomodate my situation (Chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers....come on.) Drinking watered down Powerade was probably the first bit of processed Sugar that I've had all month, and I'm pretty pleased with how I feel. It makes a difference cutting out processed foods, specifically all of the sugars. I do miss my treats, but I'm doin' just fine. I will probably stick with it another week strictly, and then branch out a little bit. It's been really fun though, as I've been able to make a lot of really yummy things that are totally healthy. Last week, I made some Thai Coconut Chicken Curry that was all Paleo, and it was P-R-E-T-T-A-Y tasty, if I may toot my own horn (toot toot!) I'm definitely going to keep that one in the books. Tonight I made a loaf of bread that was all Paleo, and......it wasn't that great. Not everything can be converted over, that's for sure. There's nothing like a good, processed, unhealthy dose of carbs. GET IN MY BELLY.

I'm going to New York in a week. I am so excited, and have hardly thought about it. This week will be long and grueling, and I just need to make it through. I don't know if I have a single second off, as I've filled my entire week with work and going out. Even the going out and dating is getting tossed aside for more work: I just have so many expenses coming up, and I'm worried I won't be able to make the cut. I work a LOT, and that's really the best I can do: as long as I keep that tithing rolling in, the Lord will figure the rest out. I'm doing my part. I also have the chance to go on a cruise in Hawaii in December if I can just get a plane ticket out there....I'm just going to throw that one out to the Universe, because I don't quite know how to make that one happen. Please bless.

Let's see. The last two days have been cloudy and breezy, and I've been so thrilled about it. I get to wear sweats, and snuggle up in blankets--that feels like home to me, ya know? I crave anything that feels like home. And not even my home that I grew up in necessarily, just something that feels safe, and loving, and....like home. Lots of things could feel like home: meals, people, music, smells, clothes, I dunno. Anything. And I like feeling like I'm "home."

Home.

That's what I want.

Home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.