i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Thursday, August 6, 2015

It's probably the heat, question mark?

Have you ever looked forward to falling asleep soooooo badly because your brain needed a break so badly? (and not been able to fall asleep, obviously.)

Have you ever laid in bed and not been able to fall asleep because you wanted to get up and laugh and dance and sing and go on adventures because you were so happy and didn't want the feeling to stop?

I've felt both of those in the last week. That's a lot of feelings, you know?

I think the heat is getting to me. I felt like one of those southern ladies who sits on her porch all day fanning herself, yelling at the neighboring kids running around with no shoes on. Except, I'm not southern, and though I did spend my time yelling at kids all day (not really yelling), I actually would have rather been laying on cool tile of the bathroom floor because I've had a fever all day and been fairly nauseous, with two false alarm trips to throw up. Currently, I'm lying on the floor in front of the a/c. Close enough, right?

It's probably just the heat, yeah?

Nicky lost his other front tooth today. He bit into some chocolate ice cream, and then wailed "I lost my tooth!" I looked up to find a toothless boy with the biggest grin on his face, covered in chocolate ice cream and blood. We had quite the morning, that's for sure. It's already under his pillow for the tooth fairy. Adorable. So far I've ended every paragraph with a question?

I wonder what it's like to not have to work 3 jobs. I can't really remember a time where I wasn't doing that. I mean, aside from that stint of unemployment after being fired for "the butter incident". (I still laugh about it. Unbelievable.) But what would it be like to wake up, do the things that I need and want to do, and still be able to be "an artist" and make a living that way? It's such a foreign concept to me. I can't imagine not having to juggle three different work schedules, along with volunteer work and leaving time for any sort of socializing, heaven forbid. But I sort of thrive when I'm busier. I get more things done, I am far more productive in my spare time. I've been that way since I was 7, juggling dance classes and 20 hours a week in a gym, on top of private schools that had longer hours than normal schools (What's with that?) I guess what I'm saying, is that I wish I weren't as busy, though I am certain that I don't know how to be "not busy." For example, I had this entire week off of work, almost, and somehow managed to fill most of the days with full time work. Take a break, Kelly. And to that I say "No thanks, I'd rather pay my bills and renew my Disney pass next month." Speaking of, anybody want to help me out with that cause? It's a real good cause, I swear. Question mark?

Hahahaha. Guess what! I found an ooooold paper I wrote in high school, and it was TERRIBLE. I mean, just terrible. I guess that's what happens when you don't read the book you're supposed to write a paper one. Why read the book when you can spend your time doing something else, and still learn about the book online? My English/academic decline began in the 5th grade when we were supposed to read "Johnny Tremain". I remember the moment well: I hadn't been able to read the assigned pages the night before because of.....something. Probably gymnastics, I don't remember. And I was dreading being called on because I knew I hadn't done the reading. Well, I was called on, and asked a question. I answered, got the question right, and then was praised for doing the reading. The slow decline to cutting corners in school began at that moment, when I realized I actually HATED the book, and could spend my time doing other things. Sorry Mom and Dad?

Speaking of terrible academia, I was also awful at math. Praise be to my teachers who stuck it out with me in Math Labs, lunch help, after school tutoring, and the eventual "give up" by officially kicking me out of AP Calculus and giving me a free period instead. Man, how I made it through high school with early morning seminary every day, I'll never know?

I've got nothing left to say. I'm just passing time as it is, ya know?

I need a treat?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Just....write it.