i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Are you Religious?

I think I am on a roll right now. Never have I had this much luck before when it comes to men, or overhearing conversations. I mean, nothing gets better than the "Why are you so WEIRD?!" story below, but this one happened last Sunday morning at the airport.

So I was sitting at the airport last Sunday morning waiting for my flight to leave, because it was delayed about an hour and a half. I was reading my large textbook for school, as I had a paper that would be due the next day that I had to email to my friend so she could turn it in for me. Next to me was this boy, maybe 15 years old; the awkward kind. You know the type, just socially weird, washed out denim jacket, those old skater shoes (I'm not being judgemental, I'm just trying to help you get a picture) who was talking to me. He was really really nice, just a little socially strange, and we were just talking about nothing: he told me where he found this awesome cologne from the Dollar Store, and things like that. After he had told me that, a guy behind him turned around and said "Dud, man, I don't think she's in your range, a little out of your league buddy." I must not have been totally focusing because I kind of sat there while that happened, and looking back, that was such a mean and stupid thing to say to somebody.
ANYWAY, the boy got up in a huff and left to go...I don't know, be somewhere else. I went back to my reading, and not 2 minutes later, that same guy came over and sat in the boy's seat and began talking to me.

"So....what would you say if I went and bought some cologne from the dollar store, eh?"

"Hehe, oh boy..."

We started talking a little bit. This guy's name was Tanner (I think...) and he was 26. Lived in Salt Lake, but was traveling to Hawaii.

"Oh neat! I've never been to Hawaii! What are you going there for?"

"Well, my sister lives there, and when you don't have school, or a job, or anything to do in youf life, you might as well just go bum it out in Hawaii for a while...

(DING DING DING! What a winner....) We talked a little bit more, and I couldn't help but notice his oversized large polo, and his gangster Jean shorts. (Just giving a picture :) )

So, then he says: "So, are you religious?"

Now when people say "are you religious?", I always get this picture in my head of monks or nuns or something, ya know, people dedicating their WHOLE life to a religion. Obviously, I'm sure he wasn't asking me if I was a nun, but it was still a strange question at that time in the conversation.

I said: "Haha, well, yes I supposed I am. Everybody has something they believe in"

and he rolled his eyes and said "Ugh, no, I meant are you LDS?"

I laughed a little bit and said: "Yes, yes I am LDS"

He slinks up a little bit and says "Oh. Well. I'm not.....I guess there's that."

And he got up and walked away to buy a drink.

Bahahaha.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, you are just too nice to strange boys. It makes me nervous when you're so nice to me. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this makes me happy. Not half as happy as the Humpty story, but still. You attract some of the most odd people I've ever heard of. You could sell a coffee-table book about all these people. :)

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.