i try. i make mistakes. i grow. i love. i love to eat pineapple. i cook and bake whenever i can. thai food is good for my soul. i collect blankets, sweat pants, and crazy socks. i believed i was peter pan when i was a child. i love to love. summertime is my favorite. i love feeling the sun on my face. i have a lot of good intentions. i had a bowl cut when i was younger. shakespeare was a genius. i love to laugh. God is everywhere. i love having painted toes. i am very blessed, and i try to "live life, every, every moment"

Saturday, December 22, 2012

TMI

Listen. I just need to talk about some things.

These last three days have been absolute hell. Long story short, I was quickly taken to the ER thursday night during publicity photos and rehearsal for 39 steps. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk, I couldn't function. My chest felt like it was on fire, and every breath of air was like sandpaper going down my throat and into my lungs. It was so painful. Because of the pain, I guess, my throat would close off quickly, right after I would cough, making it almost impossible for me to get any air at all. My cast mates were all pretty mad (jokingly) that I had even come to rehearsal, but I am glad that I did. If I had just stayed home, I wouldn't have taken myself to the ER, and its a good thing that I went.

Mitch took me to a nearby University of Utah instacare center. When we got in, he told them I was having trouble breathing. They put some machine on my finger to measure my O2 levels. I was at an 82 I believe, and was promptly put on an oxygen tank. Once we got my O2 levels back up to 98, they sent me to the ER at another hospital on 5300 south. I will tell you something though--when they rushed out and put my on an oxygen tank, it was maybe the first time that I felt legit being at the ER. "back off everybody. I am on the top of the list because I can't breathe, so step aside!" Very thrilling.


I don't even know what I'm trying to say. I think I'm just so bugged at how the last few days have gone, I feel like I need to complain about it. When I got to the ER, they checked my oxygen levels again, and took my temperature. A whopping 103, people. 103!! That's a record for me. And I felt like garbage. I was 103 degrees, and I was so cold. I remember laying in the hospital bed, almost convulsing because of how cold I was. And since then, I think that I have pulled and strained almost every muscle in my body from coughing and shivering so much.

Anyway, this is such a poorly written post, I can't even handle it. They took x-rays of my chest, I met with a respiratory therapist, I had Iv's put into me, and I had a smart-ass doctor. I didn't mind it because of the banter that we had, and he even called himself a smart ass, but my mom did not take well to him when she go there a few hours later. But by that point, I was drugged up and could just take a back-seat to it all and not have to worry about anything.


I don't know what I'm trying to say. I probably slept a total of 2 hours last night because I couldn't catch my breath, and I kept worrying about something else, I don't even know what. Something totally irrelevant. I'm house sitting for a friend, and so my mom has been coming up and helping with the dog. I don't have the energy to to do anything. My head is pounding constantly, I've lost control of most bodily functions, and I can't walk or talk for very long before I am out of breath. They said I probably just had a bad cold. They tested for blood clots, pnemonia, thyroid issues, blood work, etc, and couldn't come up with anything aside from a cold, or a virus. Well....this is the worst that I've ever experienced. I can't rehearse until at least next wednesday. Christmas is right around the corner and I can't finish my Christmas shoppng. I just wanted to complain for a hot minute. When i was younger, oftentimes I was in the hospital on or around Christmas for being sick. My dad says I was a little early this year, but...oh well.

4 comments:

  1. Boo. I hope you feel better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor sweet Kelly. Take it easy and get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly! I had no idea you were in the hospital. I hope you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Just....write it.